Skywanderers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Shadows

3 posters

Go down

Light and Shadows Empty Light and Shadows

Post by cherbert Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:21 pm

I mainly want to compliment you on the shadows and lighting. This has to be currently the coolest feature that makes this stand out against similar games. I love the fact without light sources the world is completely dark and the varied light colours really adds to the atmosphere inside the dark corridors.

I did notice I can't create light bars along diagonal walls. I am sure you will add more varied lighting options in the future.

cherbert

Back to top Go down

Light and Shadows Empty Re: Light and Shadows

Post by tsunamayo Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks Chris, yeah I spend some time on the lighting ambiance is it so important to give a scifi feel to it. I also completely over-use the glow and flare effect, but oh well I can always tone it done later. Actually yes for the dark I really try to keep the ambient light to the minimum as if I increase it ruins the nice lighting ambiance inside the ship by washing out the colors. And there is no ambient light in real space, even if all the movies and game are using some...
For light there is some big light blocks that have wedge, for light bar yes since they are face brick they need a flat surface. I will work on having brick that can be place on wedge surface as it might useful for other things as well (rail for example).

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:08 pm

The shader work is also really impressive. The gas giant planet's animated surface and its atmosphere looks fantastic as does the galactic map.

David

Back to top Go down

Post by tsunamayo Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks David ! The gas giant is just an asset from unity, I will have to redo at one point so I can make it change proceduraly. I did some test and research on how to get nice vortex I cant wait to try to put that in the game Razz
Holomap was quite an heavy techno to develop but now I can leverage on that, I should be able to do nice nebulae the same way.

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down