Skywanderers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Logical System.

5 posters

Go down

Logical System. Empty Logical System.

Post by tsunamayo Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:47 pm

The logic system in Skywanderers is a bit different that in some other building games :

• First it is wireless, it means you link system remotely. In that way you can activate stuff on remote children, and it also takes less space.
  • Then the second main difference is that you can send and manipulate a signal between 0 and 1. This can be used to control more precisely some system. I will give some example later on
  • It is brick based, so it takes less space.

I will a do quick introduction video on how to use it, and maybe also a few post for each system so you guys can give feedback.

If some of you are familiar with redstone and like building logical stuff in any other game, I would really like to ear your feedback and your suggestions.
Typically if you would like to build specific system but needs some specific logical gate or system tell me I will add that in the game.  Smile

I improved it a bit recently to give more visual feedback on the linking process, I will add a few more things like the possibility to view the links already done.

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Logical System. Empty Re: Logical System.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 am

I personally would like to see a clock unit that when turned on pulses at set time intervals.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsunamayo Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:33 am

Good suggestion, I can do a simple pulse like the button (it is in fact -1), and then you can send it into a constant command to get a specific value. I will tell you when I add this in the game. Are you a redstone experienced builder ?

tsunamayo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 pm

No, but I've experimented with it a little. Nothing really outstanding, just a rather simple mechanisms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanquisher_Bibe Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm

i think a scriptable logic system block would be awesome. almost like a bare bones arduino for the logical systems. it'd have multiple inputs and outputs but you would tell it what to do with incoming signals and how etc. you could hook up a monitor to the block to view/change the "coding" for the block etc.

Vanquisher_Bibe

Back to top Go down

Post by Conniver Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 am

I second Vanquisher_Bibes suggestion, arduino inspired logic block would be fun.
Then we also need some sensor blocks, distance measure, temperature, color, etc Smile

Conniver

Back to top Go down

Post by IronicMollusk Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:21 am

I think with a timer, you could get dual functionality if its possible to select a repeating, and non-repeating mode. that way its not only a repeating pulse, but also a delay timer. if it were just a delay timer, it would still ge this functionality because someone could always wire it to a signal-splitter (forgot what it was actually called) to have it restart the timer itself, thus creating a loop, with the second output of the splitter as your "timer" output.
IronicMollusk
IronicMollusk

Back to top Go down

Post by tsunamayo Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:09 pm

I will look into the Arduino think, I had some ideas around this I will wrap my head around this a little bit.
For the delay I added that recently actually, now you can feed the delay into a dual command and back again in the delay, creating a pulse at a regular time interval (a clock). Normally you cannot feedback signal n Skywanderers because all is executed in the same frame, it would make the game crash because of a stack overflow so I prevent it. For delay no stack overflow so it is now possible (in the next build)

tsunamayo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Remitorm Darkwind Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:40 pm

yay i can finally make an automatic chain gun once the new build comes out
Remitorm Darkwind
Remitorm Darkwind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down