Skywanderers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker

2 posters

Go down

[Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker Empty [Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker

Post by Conniver Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Tsunamayo Edit : Can you use the bug tracker over Github bug tracker? Just hit New Issue and type stuff. It will be easier for me to check which issues are left to fix.
You can use the template below for formatting, but if it does not apply no need to bother. Most importing thing for me is the test case so I can reproduce the issue. Thanks a lot for your help guys !

Title of the Topic:

Priority, as suggested by johnreverse

[Low Priority]:
A bug/glitch that doesn't make the game unplayable. At best mildly annoying. Not in a frequently used part of the game/low frequency of occurrence.

[Medium Priority]:
A bug/glitch that isn't low or high priority.

[High Priority]:
A bug/glitch that is game breaking or is just annoying but occurs very frequently in a very often used part of the game.

Area (where the bug is)
[Visual]
[Audio]
[Menu]
[Building]
[Game Performance]
[Game Mechanic]
[Controls]

And finally a short description of the problem
e.g a post by johnreverse

[Low priority] [Visual] Menu stars background glitch when changing resolution
Short, and descriptive of the problem, and can prevent others from posting about the same bug in a new post.

Body of post:

Description of issue:

Frequency of issue:

Steps to replicate issue:

Possible Workaround:

Images/video/logs:

For crashes, OS and hardware info.

Hardware Configuration:

CPU:
GPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:

Last edited by tsunamayo on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:54 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : bug tracking reference)

Conniver

Back to top Go down

[Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker Empty Re: [Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Good idea! For now the inconsistency in bug report format isn't a big deal but once the game gets traction it might become a problem. It's not really necessary to switch now but imho the sooner the better. The classification of the bug/glitch as low/medium/high priority is another issue but I would personally classify them this way:

Low Priority:
A bug/glitch that doesn't make the game unplayable. At best mildly annoying. Not in a frequently used part of the game/low frequency of occurrence.

High Priority:
A bug/glitch that is game breaking or is just annoying but occurs very frequently in a very often used part of the game.

Medium Priority:
A bug/glitch that isn't low or high priority.

Back to top Go down

[Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker Empty Re: [Template] Bug report and Bug Tracker

Post by tsunamayo Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Thanks guy for suggestion, if you can follow the template this will be awesome. As you guy are contributing a lots of issue I might set-up a bug tracker with github, I will keep you posted. Thanks you all you are really doing an amazing job this is helping me a lot !

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm

No problem! I already thought about starting using that template asap.

EDIT: We could also create a separate "subforum"(like Gameplay feedback and suggestions-Building/Exploration)where we would move fixed bugs. It would make things a lot cleaner I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum