Skywanderers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My list after a weekend binge ;)

3 posters

Go down

My list after a weekend binge ;) Empty My list after a weekend binge ;)

Post by sunwupen Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 am

So I spent a good chunk of my weekend messing around with build 2017-01-22 and tried to find as many problems as I could.

Keep in mind, some of these could be my own incompetence and not understanding how to do some things in the game yet.

Before I start I'd like to request a screenshot button for ease of capturing and a folder for it to sit in.  I did it manually just fine but I'm a stickler for organization on my computer and if it did this automatically it would cut some of my bug gathering time.

Here we go...

1.  The corner pyramid block symbol is difficult to see in the menu.  It should appear as a triangle but appears to be greyed out.  It's just a minor issue but still one to keep in mind for polish.

2.  The hepta block is indistinguishable from the basic cube block in the menu.

3.  One of the menu names is "Fonctionnal Blocks."  I know you are trying to deal with 3 languages at once so I sympathize, but I think it's supposed to say "Function Blocks."

4.  This may just be my opinion, man, but I think the Hinge Blocks should be grouped together with the same icon like other blocks are.

5.  When using the multi-place command (tap "ctrl" on keyboard when placing a block) I found that I was able to place blocks inside other blocks.  The fix was easy, just delete it, but at some point this needs to be fixed for polish.

6.  When changing between block types the selector icon stays where it was last sitting but the actual selection is the first in the list.  Below are the screenshots I took showing this bug.
My list after a weekend binge ;) Blocks10
My list after a weekend binge ;) Blocks11

7.  The new Canopy Blocks eventually need to be grouped together like the other building blocks.

8.  I think the Speedometer should be in a different block group.  It is currently in a decoration group so it took me a bit to find it.

9.  The Canopies are new so I don't expect them to come out flawless.  I've encountered a few graphical glitches when trying to place pieces together.  Here is one example when viewing two canopies from behind:
My list after a weekend binge ;) Canopy10

10.  The triangle shaped Canopy Block is kind of hard to see when placed and almost completely disappears when you start breaking it.  I think it needs an outline like its solid block counterparts.

11.  When you sit in a chair your view is slightly off centered.  It's a little infuriating for anyone with OCD Laughing

12.  I have had several issues using the Holo Map.  When zooming in sometimes it would lock up completely and the only way to turn it off is to break the block.  The map gets locked up with an eternal hourglass symbol.  I let it sit there for over 10 minutes and it never readjusted itself.  Sometimes this bug occurs when right clicking as well.

13.  The Rotating Block is incorrectly labeled as "Camera Block" when hovering over it with the mouse.

14.  The Data Screen is incorrectly labeled as "Controls" when hovering over it with the mouse.

15.  The Rotation Block appears to not work at all for me.  I've hooked it up to a slider and the slider did nothing to it.  I activated it by pressing "E" and was finally able to rotate the block but as soon as I tried to exit the controls the game froze.  I had to forcefully end the program via Task Manager.  Every time I attempt to use the Rotation Block it causes problems.  It also doesn't look like the block you've shown in your video and is missing the black and yellow cylinder on top.

16.  When messing with the Display Block and the Holo Map I ended up deleting the Holo Map block that the Display Block was connected to.  After that I got a blank screen on the Display and I couldn't remove the Display Block at all.  I had to restart the game before I could remove it but unfortunately I forgot to save my ship so I couldn't test if I could destroy it after restarting.

17.  There appears to be a graphical glitch I ran into only once while using the Mirror Block system.  When I deleted a block on one side I went to check the other side to find that the block underneath it on the mirrored side was now invisible.  After some time of building, the bug seemed to fix itself.  Below is an image showing what I encountered.  The first screenshot shows how the grey block looked underneath, and the second shows that it was not see-through on the top.
My list after a weekend binge ;) Seethr10

18.  When placing a short sized pipe on top of another short sized pipe they clip through one another.  Perhaps the short pipe model is too long or pokes through the bottom.

That's all I have for now, I hope this information helps in cleaning up the game!  And, yes, I am indeed building an Arwing.  I've always wanted one of those!  Everything else I build must be with the color "Benny Spaceship Blue." Smile

sunwupen

Back to top Go down

My list after a weekend binge ;) Empty Re: My list after a weekend binge ;)

Post by tsunamayo Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks for that long list !
Some of the issue should be quick to fix (like codex sloppy stuff), some other will take more time to fix, I will book an issue for those so you can see the progress. I will do a more detailed answer on some of the points.
Thanks again for all your findings, and dont forget to do a barrel roll Cool

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sunwupen Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Are there any bugs you want me to try and replicate again? I tried to replicate a few but some seemed like flukes, like that graphical glitch at the bottom. The Holo Map bug and the Rotate Block bug had me more concerned than the others. The Holo Map seems to work most of the time but when I put too much stress on it (clicking too fast or scrolling too fast) it tends to crash. It could be simply how my computer is built/setup so if you don't get those bugs on yours you can ask me to replicate on mine and I can send the results.

sunwupen

Back to top Go down

Post by tsunamayo Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 pm

For the mirror it was already reported, I know why it is doing this I will do some low level change to the engine to fix that, it might wait a bit.
For the rotate I think you are simply using the axis for brick that is made for turret, not the real rotating block, could you try to check the big rotating block is on the fonctional tab ( now renamed System block haha thanks), with the sliders (In the next build it will be on a separate entry as it is confusing.)
For the holomap yes it is crappy I know, I will revamp the usability of it completely when I will do more work on the exploration side, also I will make it more stable.
For the grouping and issue wit shape, since I will redo the way item are bundled together and remove the little shape selection I will leave them like that for now.

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Remitorm Darkwind Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Just in case your not aware you can rotate the models that pop up in the codex they might be loading up wth the back of hepta block facing the player so its not that it's indistinguishable from the cube its just loading up at a dodgy orientation
Remitorm Darkwind
Remitorm Darkwind

Back to top Go down

Post by sunwupen Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:46 am

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough in the description. I didn't mean the 3d model you can rotate in the menu, I meant the small icon at the top right. I don't think I can rotate the small blue icon.

sunwupen

Back to top Go down

Post by Remitorm Darkwind Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 am

no you cant although personally I don't have an issue with ths maybe check your contrast settings might just be you have a really dark monitor
Remitorm Darkwind
Remitorm Darkwind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum