Skywanderers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization

4 posters

Go down

Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization Empty Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization

Post by tsunamayo Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello all, it is time for a new build ! In this new build we have the following :

• New blocks : long wedge canopy, solar sail, 1/4 and 3/4 slabs and armor plating.
  • I also added a way to view the link assignment of logical link done : for this you simply need to have a logical command brick selected and look at any button or gate.
    This is a bit experiment for now, I will refine the link display and maybe change the way we get to see these.
  • You can now also look at a command and view its input value (or delay / constant for relative command), so debugging your logical system will become easier.
  • One other change was made to the button : now a button will always send 1 signal. Which means you can no longer use them to open/close a door. To do this now you need to use a switch command, that will send 0 and 1. What you can do is link a button to the switch, and have one button inside and one other outside, so you can now activate your mecanism from two place by just one click. => this will most likely break your button-based mechanism, please update them using switch.
  • Various fixes.
  • Multiplayer improvement.

The new build is called 2017-01-29.zip. I will release updated ship soon.
As always I will do a video soon explaining the change, and also what I have been up in the last days.

[Changelog]
* Long wedge canopy and long corner canopy added.
* Armor plating block added.
* 1/4 and 3/4 slabs added
* Solar sail blocks
* Link visualization mecanism
* Command status visualization.
* New button logic : will now always send a 1 impulse.
* Block / command bounds preview graphical improvements.
* Remove bricks stud bug fixed
* Seat translation will carry the player.
* Bounds preview is not draw when HUD is disabled.
* Indicator light fixed.

[Known issues]
* Link preview dont works well when ship is moving => fixed, will be in next build
* Crash when doing a clock logic mecanism => fixed, will be in next build

Thanks for your support !
Francois

Last edited by tsunamayo on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization Empty Re: Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization

Post by sunwupen Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:58 pm

More canopy blocks, hurray! I can make my Arwing look a bit more sleek now. Thank you.

sunwupen

Back to top Go down

Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization Empty Re: Build from 2017-01-29 : Various Blocks and Logic link visualization

Post by tsunamayo Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:43 pm

There is a bug with the delay and the new preview fonctionality when you do a clock. Dont do clock for now, I will do a hot fix soon.

tsunamayo
Admin

https://skywanderers.forumjap.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmunga Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:48 pm

The logic viewing feature does sound quite handy and those new blocks are pretty cool from the sounds of things, long wedges are the best.

I do think that the updated button mechanism sounds good and creates the need to build a flip flop similar to the ones used in MC back in the day.
Gmunga
Gmunga

Back to top Go down

Post by DarganLor Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Awesome! looking better every day I check! Great job!

Sorry I've been offline for so long, but work is eating all of my time lately. Hope to test this new version soon enough!

DarganLor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down